The SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital has a long history of treating Congenital Hand Anomalies with Joan Minguella until a few years.
Thus we thought this subject of interest for experienced and younger surgeons. We wish to promote a maximum of discussions on some crucial topics with the great help of some of the most knowledgeable European surgeons: Rolf Habenicht (Hamburg) and Paul Smith (London).
During that meeting, the presentations will cover most of the subject and, as said before, some topics like: Syndactylies, Polydactylies, Thumb Hypoplasia, Microsurgery, will be explored in depth with face to face and discussions.
Alain Gilbert, Piero Raimondi, Francisco Antonio Soldado.
- Are classifications useful?
- Why syndromes are important for the surgeon
- How to classify rare anomalies
- The first consultation for congenital anomalies
- SJD experience with rch
- Grade v rch
- Results of rch treatment
- Reconstruction type ii and iiia
- Technique and results
- Apert syndrome
- Syndactyly treatment without graft
- Vascular anomalies of the upper limb
- Large vascular anomalies
- Strategy of management
- Indications, results
- New concepts
- Treatment without surgery
- Not only thumb
- Latissimus transfer for elbow flexion
Formación Hospital Sant Joan de Déu
Carrer de Santa Rosa, 39-57
08950 Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona [ver mapa]
Sala: Auditori Edifici Docent
- Paediatric Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Language English
- Teaching hours 14h