Working respiratory group of the Spanish Pediatric Intensive Care Society (SECIP) has developed during the last eleven years many workshops and courses for clinicians and nurses in order to spread NIV use among its members. In 2012, an European NIV course with many NIV experts, members of the ESPNIC respiratory group was started.
The main objective of this course is to provide a wide knowledge in this technique and also guarantee that attendees achieve appropriate skills to implement it in their own Units.
This course will provide previous on-line theoretical basis for NIV care. Reading Dr Medina‘s book “NIV in Pediatrics” in the previous month of the course is recommended. The second edition is available in internet for free. Third edition is available from a non-profit organization www.investforchildren.org that gives support to our project of spreading NIV technique around the world.
Main chapters and lectures based in the third edition will be available on-line. The e-learning platform must be read in order to assure that attendees will be able to practice their skills during the course.
Do the on-line exam is mandatory to attend the face to face phase. All the attendees will receive an attendance certificate, but passing the skills exam and the second on-line exam after the face to face phase is mandatory to obtain a certificate of approval.
NIV attendees should be able at the end of the course to select their own best option among of all the material available, and to develop appropriate protocols adapted to their Units.
A secondary objective of this course is to recruit local NIV clinical champions willing to become trainers and committed to organize NIV courses in several European countries.
In orderto maintain high level of quality and homogeneity among the different future courses, those pediatric intensivists or anesthesiologists with clinical experience on NIV who are interested to become NIV trainers of these ESPNIC NIV courses are requested to pass this course and an additional specific NIV trainer’s course.
- Paediatric Pneumonologists.
- Paediatric Intensivists.
- Paediatric Anesthesiologists.
- Nursing staff.
- Hands-on material (2 groups).
- Methods: ICEMAN acronym
- Scenario 1-4 (4 groups) NIV with home ventilator NIV with NIV specific ventilator NIV with conventional ventilator HFNC versus CPAP in infant/neonate.
- Scenario 1-4.
- Scenario 1-4.
- Scenario 1-4.
- Skill station (4 groups): Bilevel in infant with NIV specific ventilator Bilevel in infant NIV with conventional ventilator.
- Skill station (4 groups): Bilevel in infant with NIV specific ventilator Bilevel in infant with conventional ventilator.
- Failure analysis Asynchrony in NIV. Basics of NAVA.
- Basic rules for playing advanced simulation.
- Failure analysis (4 groups) (hypoxemia/hypercapnia) 2 clinical scenarios.
- Failure analysis Asynchrony in NIV (2 groups).
- Skill station: Advanced simulation (4 groups).
- Remarks and formal clos.
- Registration fee: doctors 500 € and nurses/respiratory therapists 300 € (lunch and coffee breaks included)
- Limited acces: 32 attendees (20 doctors and 12 nurses/respiratory therapists)
You might also be interested in
09 may 19 10 may 19
10 may 19 11 may 19
14 may 19 20 jun 19
17 may 19 18 may 19
03 jun 19 04 jun 19
11 jun 19 12 jun 19
18 sep 19 20 sep 19