In an ever evolving world, with disruptive technologies such as AI and 3D printing opening their way in many fields, our society is undergoing a transformation that will have a high impact on new professions. That is the case of Healthcare too, in which Engineering and Medicine get merged and asks for new professionals with new skills in the edge between the two disciplines. This course focuses on the development of innovative knowledge and skills.
To register and expand the event information for the Transversal Program in Medical Image Postprocess Training Professionals: 3D Printing to Research you must to access: https://www.expert3d.eu/
Offer specialists or training radiologists doctors, bioengineers or computer scientists as well as senior technicians in imaging for diagnosis, theoretical and practical training material that allows the acquisition of knowledge that enables them to perform post-processing of the radiological image, especially applied to the 3D image-print and research.
- Learn the clinical needs for the realization of 3D image.
- Learn how to recognize the best image techniques for the specific analysis of different tissues.
- Learn the methodologies of segmentation for printing and research.
- Understand the different stages involved in the basic post-process of the image as well as the segmentation of tissues.
- Learn the stages of 3D printing of a medical image, from the acquisition of the image until the final physical product is obtained.
- Learn the basics of 3D printer technologies and their basic operating techniques.
- Learn the basics of research softwares and research tools.
- Be able to independently perform the complete process that allows the transformation of the medical image into a printable 3D model, as well as generate associated components (splints, guides, surgical material ...). To be able to independently perform the complete process that allows the transformation of the medical image into a segmented model, and then normalize it.
First block: Acquire general knowledge about current clinical needs and future development options: surgical planning, training, generation of standardized models, generation of own phantoms... An update will also be included in the applied radiological anatomy (for each organ system), so we can know which are the best imaging techniques to evaluate each fabric.
Second block: Dedicated to update the knowledge about the techniques of image and especially how to optimize the parameters of each one to improve the results (segmentation, increase ,of signal ...). Also, the basic concepts of simple reconstruction will be included: such as ,the multiplanar technique, the reconstructions of maximum or minimum intensity or the volumes of surface.
Third block: Dedicated to acquiring the maximum knowledge that through the segmentation of the 3D image allows reaching other realities such as virtual reality, augmented reality or printed models. It includes the post-process of segmentation, the knowledge of free and dedicated software as well as the generation of special models. The practices will include both work with the programs and the own printing of tests.
Fourth block: Dedicated to the development of skills to use the basic research software to make basic segmentations for neurosciences.
Sessions are divided in:
- Classical theoretical classes, 1 hour.
- Online theoretical classes, 1 hour.
- Flip-class classes with analysis of training material previously sent, 1 hour.
- Practical classes, 3 hours.
Duration and standard European Education Credits:
- Total theory hours: 18 h.
- Total hours of practice: 33 h.
- Total online hours: 13 h.
- Total hours of tutoring: 5 h.
- Total hours of training: 69 h.
- 28/10/2019 - 30/11/2019Download programme
- Diagnostic Imaging in Paediatrics
- Language Spanish
- Teaching hours 90h