Practical, online course for improving your scientific writing. This course is dynamic and highly interactive. We will use the Zoom online meeting platform, which facilitates discussion and small-group work using the breakout room function.
We will focus on the mechanics of written English, at the levels of the paragraph and the sentence, using a practical approach that combines the analysis of examples with in-class exercises. Topics include conciseness, clarity, cohesion and flow, storytelling, topic sentences, dummy subjects, active and passive voice, and the first person. Participants will bring to the session one recent research article in their field (not review articles or other formats) that they enjoyed reading and that appeared in a high-impact, English-medium journal. The article should not be from the participants’ own research group.
- Course recommended for PhD students, post-docs, junior researchers and senior researchers.
- Define “good” scientific writing.
- Learn a set of practical guidelines for improving their paragraphs and sentences in English.
- Implement their new learning in a series of in-class activities.
- Practice oral and written English through group activities and class discussion.
- Address Fundació Sant Joan de Déu | Plataforma Virtual
- Language English
- Teaching hours 5 h
You might also be interested in
20 mar 24
18 sep 24