Retinoblastoma online Questions & Answers – Clinical and research experts from SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital
Posted on 26 Apr 21
SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital, in response to many enquires we received lately from families with regards to one of children´ solid tumours, retinoblastoma is planning to organize a live session for our experts to answer your questions and concerns directly face to face.
- Spain CEST: 26th May 2021, 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
- China Beijing Time: 26th May 2021, 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
- Opening remarks. Mrs Chenna Zhang, patient manager at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital.
- Dr Jaume Català-Mora, pediatric ophthalmologist at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. Current treatment protocol for globe salvage in retinoblastoma.
- Dr Guillermo Chantada, oncologist and hematologist at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. Innovative treatments for retinoblastoma.
- Dr Ángel Montero Carcaboso, researcher group leader at SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital. Treatment of retinoblastoma with the oncolytic adenovirus VCN-01: scientific basis and first clinical experience.
- Session closing.
This event will be broadcast to you through Zoom Conference in simultaneous translation in English and Chinese.
According to privacy protection, will not be allowed to mention any patient’s information or any patient’s personal situation. The personal questions will be answered in the doctor’s medical appointment, you can email us at email@example.com
Pediatric ophthalmologist. Expert in anterior and posterior Segment Surgery. Clinical and medical retina. Retina surgical and vitreous.
- Observership Devers Eye Institute. Portland, Oregon (USA), 2007.
- Observership Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) (USA), 2007.
- Observership Moorfields Eye Hospital, London (United Kindom), 2002.
- Ophthalmologist Rotation, Centre Hospitalier Toulouse-Rangell (France), 1995.
Author of over 70 national and international papers in conferences and numerous articles published in national and international specialized scientific journals.
Oncologist and hematologist. Expert in pediatric oncology.
- Specialist at the Hemato-Oncology Service, JP Garrahan Pediatric Hospital, Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York (USA), 1995.
- Hematology Service, Hannover Medical School (Medizinische Hochschule Hannover – MHH) (Germany), 1999.
- Grant, Fund for Ophthalmic Knowledge (New York, USA) for a two-month research rotation at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and the New York Presbyterian Hospital, November 2002
He has participated in many national and international conferences and congresses and been awarded numerous prizes. Reviewer of scientific articles for internationally acknowledged medical publications. Author of numerous publications, including book chapters and over 60 papers in international journals with references available at PubMed. He has taken part in a number of research studies as lead researcher: clinical research protocols and translational research protocols.
ÁNGEL MONTERO CARCABOSO
Researcher group leader. Expert in Therapy Development in Pediatric Oncology.
Dr Carcaboso holds a wide pharmaceutical background. He has performed multidisciplinary and translational work in the field of pediatric oncology. He has shown, together with his colleagues at SJD and his former institutions, success to develop innovative projects, even advanced therapies, for children with cancer. They have achieved clinical trials and international acknowledgement of their work.
29 jun 21