After finishing our 4th NIV meeting in September 2019, nobody could imagine a pandemic waiting for us around the corner.
However, our commitment as a unique Paediatric educational event focused on promoting the use of non-invasive ventilation remains intact.
Although virtual meetings have helped keep ongoing training activities, it seems now it's time to come back safely to face to face events.
I am pleased to invite all of you to this 5th International Conference on Pediatric and Neonatal Non-invasive Ventilation will be held again in Barcelona, Spain.
This Conference, focused on NIV, will be offering the latest advances to young paediatricians, neonatologists, pediatric intensivists, pediatric pulmonologists, and pediatric and neonatal intensive care nurses/respiratory therapists
It is a multidisciplinary forum where everyone will learn from the lectures of well-known experts in this field.
In addition, true to our commitment to education, we will also offer a series of pre-congress workshops that will focus on efficient bedside issues.
We invite you to participate and make this 5th Conference on Pediatric and Neonatal Non-invasive Ventilation a high standard event and a great success. We are looking forward to seeing you in Barcelona in September 2022.
Dr. Martí Pons-Òdena
Member of the Educational Board of ESPNIC
Former Chair of the ESPNIC Respiratory Section
September, 22nd | 15:00 – 20:00 h
Option A) NIV home ventilation face-to-face workshop.
- Theoretical background.
- Introducing the material NIV-ventilators and interfaces.
- Hands-on sessions: NIV in children.
- Discussion of cases.
Patient weighing less than 5 kg. Which ventilator?
Option B) NIV acute setting workshop.
- Theoretical background: basic concepts on NIV.
- Introducing the material: hands-on on NIV-ventilators and interfaces.
- Hands-on sessions: common pediatric scenarios in hospital.
- NIV common pediatric scenarios in hospital.
- Common pediatric scenarios in hospital.
- Asynchrony in non-invasive ventilation.
September, 23rd | 09:00 – 17:00 h
- Respiratory support in bronchiolitis patients: from the general ward to the PICU.
- Use of HFNC in the general ward.
- Use of HFNC/CPAP in the HDU.
- Use of CPAP in a optimized nurse-patient ratio general ward.
- Ancillary treatments and non-invasive ventilation.
- Nebulization in patients on HFNC and NIV.
- Role of prone position in bronchiolitis patient.
- NIV in SMA type I in the nursinersen era.
- Use of NIV in SMA: past and future.
- Our experience in HSJD .
- Mechanical cough assistance in infants and toddlers.
- Transitioning tracheostomy to non-invasive ventilation.
- Central congenital hypoventilation syndrome: when and How to transition to NIV?
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia: when and How to transition to NIV?
- NIV in palliative care.
- Experience in the acute setting HSJD.
- Experience in home ventilation.
- Experience from France.
- NIV and sedation.
- Non-pharmacologic strategies.
- Management in the NICU/PICU.
- Weaning of non-invasive ventilation.
- Is the weaning of NIV increasing the length of stay in the PICU?
- Do we need the HFNC in the weaning process?
- Nurse driven protocol. Our experience in HSJD.
- Monitoring in the acute setting.
- ROX index: should we apply it in the pediatrics?
- Chest physiotherapy: monitoring with electric impedance tomography.
- When to stop NIV: something new in the horizon?
- Pre-conference Workshops + Conference: 300 €
- Only Conferences:
- 250 € In-person day.
- 200 € Streaming day.
- 100 € (10 codes) Streaming for LMIC. (*)
- Pre-conference Workshops + Conference: 200 €
- Online Conferences:
- 500 € (10 codes) Streaming day. (**)
Confirmed International speakers:
- Mrs. Donna Franklin (Australia).
- Dr. Andreas Schibler (Australia).
- Dr. Florent Baudin (France).
- Dr. Christóphe Milési (France).
- Dr. Juan Mayordomo (Spain).
- Dr. Guillaume Emeriaud (Canada).
- Dr Ha Trang (France).
- Dr Vicent Modesto (Spain).
- Dr Robinder Khemani (USA).
- Dr Renato Cutrera (Italy).
Confirmed local speakers:
- Dr. Martí Pons-Òdena.
- Dr. Roi Campos.
- Mrs. Raquel Arroni.
- Mr. Wooi Tan.
Formación Hospital Sant Joan de Déu
Carrer de Santa Rosa, 39-57
08950 Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona [ver mapa]
- Paediatric Intensive Care
- Language English
- Teaching hours 17,5 h
Requested accreditation to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME)
You might also be interested in
25 oct 23 22 nov 23
26 oct 23 23 nov 23
09 nov 23 10 nov 23
10 nov 23 11 nov 23
14 nov 23 12 dic 23