This Cardiovascular Intensive Care Training Course is a trans-societal activity with the objective to promote training in Cardiac Intensive Care. This is a two day activity combining both a series of core lectures and hands-on activities focused on Cardiac Intensive Care.
*** New tentative dates: October 8 and 9, 2020.
- Pediatric residents.
- Pediatric intensivists.
- Pediatric cardiologists.
- To review physiologic concepts related to cardiovascular intensive care.
- To reinforce training in point of care ultrasonography.
- To reinforce training mechanical circulatory support.
- To reinforce training postoperative arrhythmias.
- To reinforce training in hemodynamic and catheterization data interpretation.
- Basic physiology and monitoring.
- Cardiopulmonary interactions.
- Postoperative arrhythmias.
- Ultrasound in the CICU.
- Neonatal echocardiography.
- Echocardiography in MCC patients.
- Looking outside the heart.
- Challenging EKGs.
- Hands-on (4 sub-groups)
- Cath Data (A) / MCS (B)
- Simulation (C) / POCUS (D)
- Cath data interpretation.
- Single ventricle physiology and management.
- Surgical Techniques.
- Challenging cases.
- Principles of ECMO.
- Mechanical Circulatory Support.
- Inscription fee includes course registration fee for 2 days, course material/handouts, lunch and refresment during coffe breaks.
- Strictly limited places: Only 24.
Formación Hospital Sant Joan de Déu
Carrer de Santa Rosa, 39-57
08950 Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona [ver mapa]
08/10/2020 - 09/10/2020
08:15 - 18:00 h / 08:30 - 17-30 hDownload programme
- Heart Center
- Language English
- Teaching hours 20 h
Accreditation granted to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME)
Horas acreditadas: 20 h
Créditos: 13 credits
Intensivista cardíaco pediátrico
Hospital Sant Joan de Déu Barcelona
Joan Sanchez de Toledo Sancho
Consultant Neonatal Intensivist-Paediatric Cardiologist
Cambridge University Hospitals
Head of Pediatric Cardiology
University Hospital Lausanne (Switzerland)
Consultant in ICU and Pediatric Cardiology
Department of Cardiac Surgery
University Hospital Heidelberg
You might also be interested in