Working respiratory group of the Spanish Pediatric Intensive Care Society (SECIP) has developed during the last thirteen years many workshops and courses for clinicians and nurses in order to spread NIV use among its members. In 2012, an European NIV course with many NIV experts, members of the ESPNIC respiratory group was started.
The main objective of this course for trainers is to recruit local NIV trainers committed to organize NIV courses in several European countries.
In order to maintain high level of quality and homogeneity among the different courses, those pediatric intensivists or anesthesiologists with clinical experience on NIV who are interested to become NIV trainers of these ESPNIC NIV courses are requested to pass this course.
This course will provide the same previous on-line theoretical basis for NIV care that is provided to the attendees of ESPNIC NIV courses. Reading Dr Medina‘s book “NIV in Pediatrics” in the previous month of the course is recommended. The second edition is available in internet for free. Third edition is available from a non-profit organization Invest for children that gives support to our project of spreading NIV technique around the world.
Main chapters have to be read in order to assure that NIV trainers will be able to facilitate best knowledge during the course, even about devices currently not used in their hospitals. Afterwards, three skill stations (Pediatric, CPAP for infant/neonates, Bilevel for infants/neonates) will be prepared by the future NIV trainers in order to learn how to teach interface and ventilator‘s choice, setting modalities, parameters and respiratory monitoring. Failure analysis will also be done with interactive clinical cases during skill stations.
NIV trainers should be able at the end of the course to share with their future attendees a wide and detailed information about the majority of the material available in the market, and to develop appropriate clinical scenarios for the hands-on sessions.
Online platform available on www.formacionsanitaria.eu since April, 1st to May, 30th
- Paediatric Pneumonologists
- Paediatric Intensivists
- Paediatric Anesthesiologists
- Analysis of failure. Asynchrony in NIV. Basics of NAVA.
- Basic rules for playing advanced simulation.
- Analysis of failure (hypoxemia/hypercapnia).
- Skill station ICEMAN: Advanced simulation.
- Running clinical scenarios.
- Skill station: CPAP in infant/ Neonates.
- Skill station: Bilevel in infant.
- Failure analysis (2-3 groups) (hypoxemia/hypercapnia) 2 Clinical scenarios.
- Failure analysis (asynchrony). (2 groups) (video analysis).
- Skill station: Failure analysis (2-3 groups) (How to examine the attendees).
It will be necessary to fill a form before doing registration at https://goo.gl/forms/x2mv81NHA2DvPRYj1
You might also be interested in
16 sep 19 17 sep 19